ASCP : Advance Supply Chain Planning
ASCP implementation can be performed on a single node or on multiple nodes as desired. Here I'll be talking about a multiple node installation wherein I have :
1. Linux Server running 11i Database : DB Tier
2. Linux Server running 11i apps services : Apps Tier
3. Solaris Server running ASCP Managers
Steps involved :
- To start with perform a 11i multi-node install for Oracle Applications 11i with Apps Tier on one node and DB Tier on another.
- Copy appl_top and common_top from Linux MT to Solaris MT.
- Generate the manifest file on existing Linux MT :
1. Run adadmin
2. Maintain Snapshot
3. Update current view snapshot
4. Generate the manifest file by running :
$ perl $AD_TOP/bin/adgenpsf.pl
- Download the manifest file from $APPL_TOP/admin/$TWO_TASK/out/adgenpsf.txt on Linux MT onto your local machine. Go to http://updates.oracle.com/PlatformMigration and follow the instructions on the screen to upload the manifest file just downloaded.
- Clone the existing XML file to new XML for Solaris server. Run following commands :
$ perl adclonectx.pl migrate java=
- Install 806 and iAS tech stack on Solaris server using Rapidwiz. Provide the above created XML file to rapidwiz for installation
$ ./rapidwiz –techstack
- Run autoconfig to generate environment files
$ ./adconfig.sh run=INSTE8_SETUP contextfile=
- Apply the patch generated by manifest file uploaded to metalink to relink all APPS executables to Solaris platform. For applying the patch, user adpatch that comes with migration patch.
- Run adadmin to regenerate messages, forms, reports, graphics and jar files